Tuesday, July 01, 2008

the push-me-pull-you

and some photo evidence that the kids are still alive. :-) We have added another trip to the doctor (Clara has a UTI so we were at the doc yesterday). But other than that... we're doing pretty darn good at the moment.

Although I did have a bit of a scare this afternoon while we were at the park. See those white handle things in the background of the picture below?
Alex was coaching Clara through how to slide further (or is it farther?) with them. He told her, while she was standing on the top rung of the ladder, to slide her hands out as far as she could and then drop. He meant for her to drop off of the ladder while holding onto the handles. However, she hung on just long enough for her legs to swing forward and then she let go, falling straight down in a seated position. Once she caught her breath, she let out a scream like I haven't heard in years and just kept screaming. I was just sure she was broken... somewhere! But she calmed down and stood up and then took off playing with Alex. Man... she had me scared though. Motherhood is not for the faint of heart! :-)

Other than more doctor visits, we've just been playing around at the neighborhood parks this week. Yesterday we went to a little spray park by us. I took my camera but never got it out. I need to get better about taking pictures again. I haven't done much since our chaos began when we got back from MO.

Well... I'm boring. I've spent most of my day (when we weren't outside) trying to figure out my homeschool order for next school year. I think I finally have it figured out! Woooo Hooo!

Okay... I'm off to the couch!

'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment