Tuesday, July 27, 2010

sew proud

How's that for a cheesy title? :-)

Last week Clara did a Project Runway inspired sewing camp. The girls got to design and make their own dresses. On the first day of camp, they took a walk around the neighborhood to find inspiration for their dress. Clara was inspired by a "beware of dog" sign to make a dog dress. They worked on their creations all week and at the end of the week, they invited the parents in for a fashion show. I didn't take any photos of the fashion show, but I did video it. However, I'm a huge dork and once again forgot that I can't turn the camera sideways when filming so I shot the entire thing sideways... sigh. Is there a way to flip video?

Clara loves the dress she made... she wore it the whole rest of the day on Friday and decided to wear it again yesterday. While she had it on, we went outside for a little mini-photo shoot.

So, here she is.... Clara in her Dog Dress...

From the back....
Sad, puppy dog eyes to go with the puppy dog face on her dress....
Showing off the dog face and paw print appliques she made....
Clara love, love, loved the camp and is dying to take more classes/camps there so she can learn to make more complicated pieces!

4 comments:

  1. WTG Clara!

    And yes I do that with the video too... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy7:09 PM

    Ditto on the video impairment :-)

    And exactly when did Miss Clara start looking like such a grown-up girl??? Awesome dress, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its been a while since I dropped in. Congrats Clara on the dress, watch out Vera Wang :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking about you and hoping things are going well. I know there were some schooling changes on the horizon for this year and I hope all is going well :)

    ReplyDelete