Friday, March 31, 2006
Saturday, March 25, 2006
Papers - Shabby Princess Popsicles. Flowers - Polka Flower Stapms by Shawna Clingerman. Fonts - Arial Black & Zapf Dingbats (the little flowers).
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Anyway... for the next 48 hours you can get April's issue for 50% off if you buy through the link on her blog. You really ought to check it out!
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
So, since I've been trying to pick out my next book to read, I've been trying to remember what I've read so far this year... and I'm having trouble. My husband and I are in our third year of our own little book club. Each year at Christmas we each buy two copies of the same book for our club so we can read the same book at the same time. Its been really cool.... I've definitely read some books for our "club" that I never would have read otherwise.
Anyway - here is my list for this year (at least the ones I can remember)...
1. The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides - This was for our book club. Last year Jeff picked out Eugenides' book Middlesex and we were both just blown away by it. He is an amazing writer, with very unusual subjects.
2. Lamb by Christopher Moore - this was one of my picks for the book club. I have to start by saying the Christopher Moore isn't for everyone... but I love him! I think this was my fourth book of his (I've also read Fluke, The Island of the Sequined Love Nun and The Stupidest Angel). I really enjoyed this book and so did my husband.
3. The Tender Bar by J.R. Moehringer - Another book club book picked out by my husband. I'm usually not a big fan of memoirs but this one was incredibly written... I couldn't put it down.
4. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle - Okay... this was my pick... I like to mix in juvenile novels especially if it's a "classic" and I've never read it. My husband and I both struggled through this one... it was one we had to force ourselves to read.
5. Shopgirl by Steve Martin - I picked this up while we were at Disneyland. I enjoyed it and read it in one sitting - however it was while I was hanging out in our hotel room with the flu so I remember very little about it.
6. Hoot by Carl Hiaasen - I had to pick this one up after seeing the preview for the movie when I took the kids to see Curious George. Great read.
7. the perks of being a wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - Just finished this one a couple of nights ago. Very interestingly written book... the entire thing is a series of letters written to an anonymous recipient by a teen boy. Amazing... very real and with a good message.
Okay... I'm not sure that's everything... but it's all I can come up with at the moment. If I remember any more, I'll add them.
Yikes... I really need to shower and get started on my day!
Monday, March 20, 2006
Saturday, March 18, 2006
Nothing else exciting here today... it has rained all day which was nice as both soccer games were cancelled. I love that my kids play soccer and they are both on wonderful teams with amazing coaches... but we're just not good *spring* sports people. I think we get spring fever too bad and have the itch to be doing so many things other than go to soccer games. We're much more dedicated in the fall. Oh well.
Oh... what we did do this afternoon was have the kids try on almost everything in their closets. When we were done we had TWO garbage bags full out of outgrown clothes to get rid of.... its amazing how much stuff that had outgrown!!
Well...it's dinner time and Alex is in trouble again so I've got to run!
Friday, March 17, 2006
I'm over the HOF thing... now on to some retail therapy!!! FYI - there are two great sales going on!
1. The Digi Shoppe - is having a 40% off sale today, Saturday and Sunday - EVERYTHING in the store! Here's my latest favorite layout using digi shoppe products (beach babe by Janel)
2. MandaBean is having a sale on her Bean Bag Collection at The Sweet Shoppe - 25% off today!! Its a great collection - something for everyone!! Here are my current favorite layouts using kits from this collection...
Mud Puddles uses Fresh Fruitopia from the collection.
Mr. Blue Eyes - craft paper from the solids set in the collection and the paper and ribbons are from On the Wild Side also in the Bean Bag Collection.
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Saturday, March 04, 2006
Well... I'm supposed to be packing (the reason why I stayed home instead of going to Alex's 8 am soccer game) but instead I'm here on the computer... perhaps I'm just trying to cram in as much computer time as possible before we're off to the land of dial-up!
Friday, March 03, 2006