Wednesday, October 13, 2010

decisions, decisions....

I have finally made a decision... I am not going to password protect my blog. I agonized over this for quite a while and it was finally Jeff who was the voice of reason. :-)

What prompted this whole thing was nothing scary.... just a person who voiced a strong opinion as to how we are raising our kids (mainly our decision to let Clara try school this year). My first instinct was to shut everything down and keep everything to ourselves... people can't form opinions if they don't know what we're up to, right? But I got to thinking... why would I do that? We're proud of our decision to let our daughter have a say in her education. We didn't enter it lightly, but only after hours of family discussion. And most of all.... this was a decision we made for OUR family for this particular child. I'm not projecting my opinions or past experiences on anyone else.... I know every family, every child and every situation is different. Heck... when it comes to school, my two are as different as night and day. What works for Alex does not work for Clara and the opposite is true as well. For me to let someone's opinion get to me would imply that they know my child, my family and my situation better than I do... and given that I live this 24/7, I highly doubt that. :-)

So... enough of that.... moving on.... let the posting resume!!

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! I love new blog posts!!

    Don't question yourself, mama!! YOU have your kids' best interests at heart!! :) You know what will work for them and what won't! Pay no mind to the naysayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back to posting - I missed checking in on you guys :)

    Bummer about the comment. I have had that kind of thing before and it isn't fun. But I, like you, realized that it was my life and they had no clue to the particulars of our decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Phooey to those who think they know best for you. Everyone is different - every child, every family. What works for one does not work for another - otherwise I'd probably have mine in school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy7:50 PM

    Wahoo! You're back! We've missed your blog (even if we see you every week :-)

    ReplyDelete