Thursday, September 06, 2012

last drive-in movie...

... for the season!

After our day of sightseeing, we headed back out to the drive-in.

As the kids were getting set up in the back of the car, I asked Clara to look at me for a photo.  This is what I got..
 ... sigh.

The boy cooperated in a more normal fashion...
:-)

And finally, they were both set up in their spots...

Shortly after getting set up, they decided to head off to the playground for a while.  I managed to get a couple of shots before they ran off...


The first feature of the night was Brave.  I tried to get a photo of the title, but I happened to choose just that moment to adjust the volume on our radio... by the time I realize the title was up, it was too late.

I did get this freaky hand shot though...
 Very strange looking!

Next was intermission with dancing sodas...

and juggling popcorn...

The second feature was The Avengers.  I missed the title on this one as well.  I was actually paying attention this time, but I as I jumped to get the shot when it came up, I dropped everything else in my lap.  By the time I recovered, it was gone.

So this dark, grainy shot is all I've got...
It was a late night... but not nearly as late as the last double feature we went to.  Double features in the middle of summer when it doesn't get dark until around 10 are rough!  It was after 3am when we got home that time, I think.  This time I think we got home right before 2am.

We love the drive-in and can't wait until next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment