Sunday, December 13, 2009

leaving on a jet plane...

not really.... but that's the song Alex played and sang at his recital tonight....



honestly, we haven't gone anywhere nor do we plan to any time soon.... no jet planes in our immediate futures (well... maybe Jeff's future, but not ours as a family).

The play is going really, really well but it is monopolizing most of our free time. We're now 17 shows in with just 10 left to go. As excited as I am to have some free time back, we're going to miss this group when it's over. They are such an incredibly fun group of people to hang out with.

Other than the play we haven't done much else. I haven't even taken a single photo yet in December... that's just unheard of for me. I took my camera to Alex's recital tonight but was so tired that I decided to just sit and enjoy his performance instead of mess with my camera. Photo ops will pick up over the next couple of weeks so I hope I get in the mood to get out my camera again.

So, the video is taking forever to upload so I feel compelled to ramble while I wait... otherwise I might fall asleep on my keyboard.

Oh... perhaps I should ramble on with a disclaimer about Alex's recital piece. Alex took guitar all last year but he took a group class. He really enjoyed it and loved his teacher but group class wasn't really for him. So, this year he started private lessons with a new teacher in September. He is really doing well with his private lessons! The one on one attention was just what he needed to work out some of his trouble spots and now he's able to move on. His current teacher also does some voice work with him, so it's fun to see him do some more singing along with his playing.

Okay... still uploading but I think I will spare you any more of my ramblings :-)

Good night!

*** I never got this to upload last night... I think I figured it out this morning! Please forgive the ramblings.

**** Not sure why it's shifted to the right so far.... sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool! I can so see this video being shown like 10 years from now as the "early star clips" on MTV, of the famous Alex :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Alex!

    ReplyDelete