Tuesday, April 27, 2010

California Day 1

I'm going to try to get better about adding some more detailed posts. My photo of the day project gets me taking a photo every day but it hasn't made me any better about posting.

Anyway... I thought I would go back and post some more photos from our trip to California.

We had an early morning flight which got us to California mid-morning. We got in our rental car and got on the road toward our first destination... Legoland. We weren't able to check into our hotel yet, but we were able to grab some lunch and then walk over to Legoland while we waited for our room to be ready.

The first thing the kids rode was the dragon...
... they're the two little heads peeking out of the last car you can see before the tree.

Next we walked over toward the...
They went on this alone the first time...


... the look on Clara's face cracks me up!

Then on to the Bionicle Blaster...
... I don't do spinning rides :-)

We took a stroll through Miniland USA...


It was really quite amazing to see.

Then it was off to "Fun Town"... where the kids rode the Sky Cruiser...
before heading over to the Volvo Driving School...



(center lines apparently mean nothing to Clara)


Next Jeff, Clara and Alex tested their fire fighting skills at the Fire Academy...
Then we went over to Skipper School...
Alex did quite well.

Clara, on the other hand...
... ended up completely turned around, going the wrong way through the course... sigh.

And then, the highlight of our afternoon...
.... the Knights' Tournament....

The park closed fairly early (5pm), so we headed back to the hotel so the kids could swim...

I turned them loose with my underwater camera and they got a few fun shots...


3 comments:

  1. That looks like fun. Cade would have been in heaven at Legoland. Your mini figure ice cube tray looked great too. I wonder if you can buy that online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool underwater photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Knights Tournament ride looks a bit, uh, well, SCARY :)
    Sure they loved every single minute.

    ReplyDelete