Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 2

It's been another crazy week since I last posted! Friday I didn't have internet. I couldn't figure it out... I rebooted everything... my computer, the signal extender... everything but the actual modem :-) Jeff came home and pointed that out and within minutes I was back in business. Saturday, a photography friend was in from Montreal and we spent the day wandering around Chicago, talking and taking photos. I have a ton from that day! We had so much fun! This week I got called for jury duty on Tuesday. I got called in to a courtroom for jury selection for a case (attempted first degree murder of a child under 13... yikes!), but thankfully they found their 12 and two alternates before they ever got to me. I did spend pretty much a whole, stressful day there though. Yesterday I got a massage and was pretty much worthless the rest of the day :-)

Now back to the photos of our Crystal Mountain trip!

On day two we got up and out the door early. It was supposed to rain so we wanted to get to the river to play for a while before the rain came.

This is my one and only photo...
(I do have some video though)

The storm was rolling in so it was blowing sand like crazy! I just hated having my camera out, so I put it away. It eventually started to rain, so we packed up and headed back to our townhome.

After the rain, the kids wanted to go to the main pool for a while. As you can tell, we were some of the first pioneers to go there after the rain....
Clara has discovered an interest in basketball. She really wants to try it out.
She may take a class through the afterschool program to see what she really thinks of it.

Yes, Alex was there too. He was just being less than cooperative when it came to photos....
... he's that blue blob under the water on the left.

After a while we decided to head back to the townhome to get ready for our evening. The kids had been wanting to challenge Jeff to these mini games that were in our unit...

Then it was time to head out to the drive-in movie! However, we had no clue what time the gates open and we were entirely too early. We decided to wait it out at the ice cream place the kids had spotted earlier....
Clara was having trouble keeping the sprinkles on her cone...
All of the treats...
Clara - a vanilla cone with sprinkles, Jeff - butterscotch sundae, Alex - watermelon glacier (slushie with soft serve vanilla - blended) and Me - cherry glacier (I got mine as a float). YUM! They were so good! I took a ton of photos at the drive in, so those will be in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment