Thursday, January 17, 2013

Christmas morning...

This Christmas was a little light on photos.  First off, I have no photos of our Christmas with my parents.  Clara and I were still getting over the bugs we had and I just didn't get my camera out.  I took a few (and I do mean just a few) on Christmas morning and then the next day, I got sick again with a cold and my camera just sat around collecting dust.  I did take a few later in our trip, but not nearly as many as I would have liked to.  Hopefully my attempt at project life will help motivate me to take more photos this year!

The calm before the storm, our little tree at Bearski...
Jeff and I bought that tree at Target the Christmas before we got engaged!  I was hosting a Christmas party at my apartment and needed a tree.  I guess we've had it for 17 years now (or is it 18??)... yikes!!  It was in that apartment that year and then was in our condo we bought when we got married.  It didn't see the light of day for several years, until we moved down to Dallas.  There it was in the kids' playroom for a couple of Christmases.  Then it got called back into real service when we moved back here.  That first Christmas we were back, we pulled our big tree out of storage only to find that we only had the bottom 2/3rds!  No clue when and where we lost the top 1/3!!  So, the little tree was our tree for a couple of years until we found the perfect tall, skinny tree to fit in our city space!

We decorated it with some plain little ornaments that I bought for the tree when we first got it, but we've also been adding stuff that we've gotten locally.  Every Thanksgiving the resort hosts a holiday event where kids can go from spot to spot doing different activities.  There are usually a couple of stops where you can make ornaments.  Those are on there.  We've also picked up ornaments from local attractions that we've been to.  The star is one Alex picked out and bought at our church's Fair Trade Bazaar.  He put it up there himself :-) Very pleased with our little tree and can't wait to add more ornaments to it!

The kids were up super early... they were so excited!

Here they are going through their stockings...

 Yay!!  Toothbrushes!!!  :-)

Figuring out what to open next...
Yes... there is a box of Hungry Jack there.  Bearski got a present from Santa too... it got a waffle maker and mix, a kinect game and some family board/card games!

And the aftermath...
It actually doesn't look all that bad... does it?  We got up, opened presents, had our traditional breakfast of Land of Nod cinnamon rolls with sausage and Jeff and the kids were still able to get out of the slopes as soon as they opened!  They had a great day of skiing since the slopes weren't very crowded!

No comments:

Post a Comment