Monday, January 07, 2013

we're back!

Wow... the holidays were as crazy and chaotic as ever this year!  But they were completely wonderful as well (even after a bumpy start)!

On the last day of school before break, I got a call from the school nurse that Clara wasn't feeling well.  Apparently, she turned white as a sheet and started shaking in class.  Very strange since she was was perfectly fine and super excited about their Christmas party that day when I had dropped her off about three hours before.  I picked her up and she spent the afternoon writhing around in pain and wasn't able to keep anything down.  I called the doctor's office and given her symptoms, they sent us straight to the ER with a suspected appendicitis.  After five hours in the ER, they were ready to send her home... but then the pain came back and her temperature shot up so they admitted her for observation.  About this time, I confirmed that it was a stomach bug and not appendicitis by coming down with it myself... ugh.  Thankfully I was able to get a cab home and get settled in before it fully hit (and, thankfully, I didn't have it nearly as bad as Clara).  We were quarantined until Sunday and were able to have Christmas with my parents that day (we kind of messed up their visit with our stomach bug drama).

After that we headed to our place in Michigan for the rest of the break!  I have a few photos to post from that trip (I immediately followed up my stomach bug with a massive cold, so I didn't take as many photos as I would have liked).  But I'm going to try to catch up on my pre-break photos and videos before I move on.  I also developed a major itch to do Project Life this year and given that I'm already a week behind, I need to get that started ASAP or scrap the idea altogether!

So, for this post, I will leave you with the video that goes with the last post I did (prior to our Christmas card)... You're My Only Shorty from the DePaul Women's Basketball game...


No comments:

Post a Comment