Last post I talked about what I liked about my 2013 plan. This time I'm going to talk about some of the things I plan on doing differently in 2014.
1. I plan on using different templates each week. This actually frightens me just a bit. My same template week after week was a bit of security blanket last year. It didn't always fit my photos best, but it's what I had decided to work with so that's just what it was. It made starting each week a no brainer. This change is a little daunting. I have to make a decision right off the bat when doing each week. I'm excited though... I want some variety in my pages.
2. I plan on using different background papers each week. Another daunting change for me... the same background every week was another security blanket. But I think I'm going to like this change. Plus the templates I'm using this year show less background, so I think I'll be okay.
3. I'm no longer going to have a 4x6 week card. I like the look of it, but it took up a lot of real estate on my page with little benefit. I would rather have that space for photos.
4. I think I'm switching to a 3x4 calendar card for my "week" card. I just bought a set and I'm not sure if I'm sticking with just that set this year, or if I want to pick-up another set or two for variety.
5. I'm going to be more open with my page counts for each week. I still plan on doing at least a two page spread for each week, but instead of trying to cram lots of photos onto two pages, I plan on spreading things out over extra pages if needed. I liked printing two books last year and I'm totally okay with printing every quarter if needed. I'm finding that this is more than just "project life", this is my family's scrapbook and I'm okay spreading things out a bit in order to fit more in.
6. I'm switching from rounded corners to square. Nothing earth shattering here. Just a new look... plus I feel the new templates I'm using are truer to the shape of 4x6 and 3x4 than the one I used last year.
These next two are more blogging related...
7. I'm going to try to be better about posting my supply list at the end of my posts.
8. I'm going to TRY to post things other than project life pages on my blog. Not sure if that'll happen or not, but I'm going to try :-)