Sunday, January 22, 2006

Wow... I'm bad at this! :-)

Okay... I need to get in the habit of writing more!

Well... I survived my Thursday and it wasn't bad at all! We had a great time at our photography playdate and we played some more with the infamous green sheet (see my banner picture at the top). That was probably the best $2.99 I ever spent on a backdrop :-) I'll have to post links to the pictures we all took... I didn't take many myself as it was my house and I play with my backdrops all of the time.

Today is a wonderful gray, rainy, lazy kind of day. I have some scrapping to do but I don't feel too guilty doing it with the weather the way it is.

I finally ordered my prints for the local photography contest I enter. I'm just hoping I get them back in time to get them turned in before the deadline. I just realized this morning that the results will probably be posted the day we head to Disneyland... but that's okay. Jeff said we can bring a laptop and check while we're there but I'm not sure how badly I'll *need* to know. Oh who am I kidding... I'll *need* to know and if I don't do well... at least I'll be at the happiest place on earth so I'll just have to get over it.

In other news... I've decided to completely reorganize my "office". It doubles as our guest room and up until now I've felt this odd need to keep it very guest room-like. Well... honestly, usewise it's my office at least 90% of the time and a guest room for less than 10% of the time so I should change the functionality of it a bit.... don't you think? I took some "before" pictures but I'm embarrassed to show them... I didn't decide to take them until I had taken almost every last object/scrap of paper off of my desk and piled (that's using the term loosely) it all on the floor. Plus, I even took a picture of my closet in here (gasp!). That place is a pit... I have all kinds of garbage in there... a giant flower pot I used as a prop for Clara's 3 year old pictures, the remains of a backdrop stand I made out of pvc pipe almost two years ago (and replaced with a real one just a couple months later) and tons and tons of just misc. junk. I feel the urge to buy boxes and bins to store stuff... but honestly, being digital with both photography and scrapping... what in the world do I really need to store???

Ugh! The cleaning lady comes on Tuesday so I guess I should at least think about what I'm going to do with my piles. Oh... the walls in here are kind of a robin's egg blue and the curtains are cardinal red.... so if you know of any cool organizational stuff that would work with those colors please pass the info on this way! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Have you seen the new organization stuff at the Target dollar spot? They have like "Robin Egg Blue" big magnetic paper clips... just a thought! :)

    ReplyDelete