Thursday, December 21, 2006

zzzzzzzz..........

That's what I feel like I could do for days now. We closed on our house first thing Tuesday morning and ever since then we've been in non-stop motion trying to get unpacked. Over dinner tonight we decided that we've completely run out of steam and it was time to just stack boxes against the walls and focus on getting ready for house guests two days after Christmas. We really want to get back and see the kids who are with my parents in Missouri.... so we just unpacked as much as we could then uncovered the beds and cleared walkways. We're going to head out to MO first thing tomorrow morning (about 8-8.5 hour drive)... I can't wait to see the kids. Saturday we have a whole big day of Christmas fun planned (hopefully, I'll take lots of pics)... we start out with breakfast with Santa at Bass Pro Shops, then we make a second attempt at going to the Christmas Festival thing at Silver Dollar City. We tried to go last Saturday but it was INSANE!!! There was so much traffic, we had to park at this lot a couple of miles from the park AND the line for bus to take you to SDC wrapped around the parking lot... needless to say, we just drove on. Alex was crushed though, so we promised him we would take him when we got back from Chicago.

Well... I'm exhausted.... seriously... I don't think I've been this tired in a long time.... my whole body aches.... Anyway... I'm heading to bed. We do have internet now (although we're heading to the land of dial-up tomorrow)... but my computer still hasn't seen the light of day yet. Its still in boxes downstairs. With Jeff's family coming the day after we get back from MO, it probably won't get set back up until after the first of the year. Then I can get back to my photos and scrapping!! YIPPEE!!!

Merry Christmas everyone! See you in a couple of days!!!

5 comments:

  1. Woohoo, you're getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please drive safe!!!
    catch up on your sleep in the car;)
    I am sure your guests will understand if there are still boxes round the house!!
    Merry Christmas!!!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW Tracie! You all have a wonderful Christmas too....stay sane! It sounds like you are going to be one busy woman! And stay away from the gas station snacks too....remember last time! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:31 AM

    Sounds like things have been crazy busy for you. Have a wonderful Christmas with the kids!!!

    Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:13 PM

    What a great job you have done with this huge shift. Go girl! Hope your christmas and new year are fantastic, and I have to say I'm sooo jealous of your new coat!! I have a gorgeous pair of leather boots I can only wear when we go to the cold country (NZ)

    happy holidays! meg c-b

    ReplyDelete