Monday, November 12, 2007

it's gone!

I know Alex was younger when he lost his first tooth, but somehow Clara just seems so young to have a gap toothed grin! I guess that's because she's my baby.... sigh.

She first noticed that it was loose over Labor Day weekend. She forgot about it for a while but last week it got really, really loose. I was sure it was going to fall out any second. Unlike Alex, who wanted his first tooth to come out on it's own, Clara had all kinds of plans on how to pull it out (one of them involved the traditional door and string combo). Well... today she pulled her own tooth.... not just wiggled it until it let loose, but actually pulled it out. She is so excited! She's currently wearing it around her neck in her little tooth necklace Jeff got for her at the dentist last week.


There's another pic here.

Our weekend was rather uneventful. Saturday was Nutcracker rehearsal again. I took a few photos but during violin lessons instead of dance classes. They wanted the pictures on the playbill to reflect that they offer both dance and music lessons.

Yesterday the kids and I spent most of the day organizing the scrap supplies I got as my Memory Makers Masters prize package. We made a HUGE mess and it still needs work.... but we made definite progress. I just can't wait until I get it to a point that I can actually use it all.

Thank you so much for the kind words Bridget! Sometimes when we change things up like that, I don't feel like a good mom for doing it, but a bad mom for not figuring it out sooner... if you know what I mean. We worked on flash card games again today. It's funny.... Clara excels at reading... she was sooo competitive with Alex that she taught herself to read over a year ago. She's trying so hard to compete with Alex in math... but she just can't because math is the subject that Alex excels in (the boy listened to a tape of multiplication songs once on Friday and can now multiply!! and the scary part for me is that he understands the concept of multiplication he didn't just memorize the facts). Clara tried hard to compete with him and has gotten frustrated that she can't... so now she gives up too easily when things get hard in that subject. We're working through it though.

Okay.... I've got to run... it's almost time to get Alex from cooking class.... tonight he's bringing home turkey & veggie pot pie with cranberry chutney... yum!

'nite!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:21 PM

    They are both growing up too fast. Clara reminds me more and more of you at that age. And I think her toothless photo is precious. Tell her that Aunt Linda is very proud of her for pulling her own tooth. I think Seth and Jenna did the same thing. And Tracie, you could never be a bad mother. So don't even go there.
    Love ya,
    Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:08 PM

    You are doing such a great job homeschooling those kids. I am quite in awe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:11 PM

    Omg .. how cute is she?? Love the pics ..TOo cute .. and as if you aren't wearing winter jackets yet??? :)

    ReplyDelete