Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cancun Day 3

Okay... the text of this post will be brief as I am still not feeling well and I have a to do list a mile long today (and with not feeling well.... everything is taking me twice as long... sigh).

Anyway... on our third full day in Cancun, we all went to Xcaret. Xcaret is a cool little eco-park with trails to walk, snorkeling, lagoons, an aquarium.... lots of stuff (more stuff than we had time for actually).

Since I knew we would be spending part of our day in the water and since I wasn't entirely comfortable with leaving my big camera in a locker half the day.... I only brought my little waterproof point and shoot.

Here are the kids on the Jungle Trail....
After wandering around a while we ended up at the aquarium and then at the sea turtle exhibit.

The kids LOVED the tanks and tanks of baby sea turtles...
They also loved seeing the adult ones too....
Once we had some lunch, it was time to snorkel down the underground river. We made some rookie mistakes.... we put our flippers on entirely too early and had to navigate a big long downhill trail with them on (and add to that, we went down the wrong trail at one point too).

This pic is a little blurry.... but I had to include it... doesn't Clara look thrilled? :-)
Alex getting ready to start down the underground river...
Alex and Clara at one of the openings along the river...
Off they go!
The boy near the end of the river...
It was pretty cool. We didn't see much in the way of fish but it was cool to see the rock formations... the bottom was a loooooooooonnnnngggg way down at some points.

Here are the kids after we got out of the river....
We headed over to the beach for a bit of playing before we had to start towards the bus. It was a really good day but I feel like we missed sooooo much... we definitely could have used more time there.

Off to work on my to do list! Hopefully more photos tomorrow!

(Jocelyne... with as much as your son loves the water.... you really should look into this camera.... it is soooo much fun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment