Monday, March 30, 2009

Cancun - the end

Here are the last of the photos... finally! Sorry about that... I really haven't felt well at all since we got back from our trip so I haven't spent as much time as usual at my computer.

After we got back from Chichen Itza, all we wanted to do was get showered and go to dinner (and then go to bed). But after dinner we heard that they were having Salsa dance lessons and Clara wanted to check it out (although she refused to participate for quite a while on the grounds that she would be "cheating on Ms. Rebecca" - her Latin dance teacher). She finally got up there for the last song but stood in the last row so I have no photos. Well... we found out that the dance lessons were a way to get people to stay for the big show later.... a fire show. So, of course, once the kids heard that.... we were there for the night.

Here's a photo from the show...
I took quite a few during the show but I was trying to achieve a certain effect that just never happened, so I only have a few worthy of posting.... I decided posting one was enough.

The next day we didn't have to leave for the airport until 11:45 so we decided to get in one last trip to the pool.

I got brave and took my big camera into the pool with me.

Here's Alex about to make a splash....
Clara mid cannonball...
My two goofy kids in the pool....


After about 2 1/2 hours in the pool it was time to go back to the room and get showered for our trip home.

Here are the kids relaxing in the hammock on our patio while they waited for us to get ready...
(gotta love how the wide angle lens makes them look like coneheads...lol!)

Then it was off to the airport for the flight home. Alex still had a little spending money left and he spent it all on these...
Kinder Surprise eggs (5 of them to be exact). The link is to the Canadian site. Alex LOVES these but we don't see them very often. If you live here in Chicago and know where to find them, I would love to know (thanks!).

Uneventful flight to Chicago... easy ride home... it was a very good trip and it was very good to be home. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment