Saturday, August 08, 2009

pretending to be cool

Yesterday the kids and I got to pretend that we're cool. We got to spend the afternoon and evening with Shirin Askari and Christopher Straub from Season 6 of Project Runway.

Shirin used to babysit for us when we lived in Texas and she was the best babysitter ever. She was up here for a promotional event this weekend out in Schaumburg and wanted to get together if we were available. She called right before leaving the hotel to let us know that Christopher would be joining us too.

We decided to brave the rain and head out to Millennium park.

Here we are with Shirin out in the fountains...
I had my big camera with me but given that it was raining pretty decently, I decided to just use my little waterproof camera.

Here's Alex deciding that if you're already wet.... what's a little more water....
He's lucky he didn't destroy his sister's umbrella :-)

After that we went to the "bean" and then across the bridge to the Art Institute. We spent quite a bit of time there. The kids had a lot of fun showing Shirin and Christopher their favorite art pieces.

From there we hopped on the L back to our neighborhood for pizza before Jeff took them back to their hotel.

I did take one photo with my big camera.... but I can't post it here... because it's posted HERE.

We had a really great afternoon and evening.... and now we're all very excited to watch the show this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment