Wednesday, August 19, 2009

sand

The other day it was time for me to get my weekly dose of sand in my shoes. It's really obnoxious. Somehow sand gets stuck underneath the insole of my shoe (actually, not sure if that's what it's called but I think you know what I mean) and for a whole week after we're there sand continuously leaks out of my shoes. I was sitting in the floor talking to the moms at Clara's dance class on Monday and shifted my feet to find two little piles of sand where my shoes had been sitting. This was SIX days after we had last been to the beach. It's sad really.

Anyway... while Alex was doing his triathlon training, Clara and I played in the sand....

I have been really bad lately about not wanting to tote around my big camera so I haven't taken many photos. But this day I remembered that I had my little point and shoot in my purse.

I really love that little camera. It's waterproof, dustproof and sandproof! My favorite thing to do is freak people out at the beach with it. It got covered in sand while we were there and you should have seen the horrified looks I got at the beach when I walked out into the water and dunked it under and swished it around! There were also several concerned adults when I let Clara take it out with her into the lake. Apparently I'm easily amused.

Not sure what I think of this last photo....
I tried an action on it I rarely use called "Seventies".... has a seventies kind of look, doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I like the coloring of the last photo. It does remind me of the seventies. I wish we had a beach nearby (it's 2 hours) but with traffic, it can be a lot longer.

    ReplyDelete