Monday, November 23, 2009

catching up a bit...

wow.... it has been a whirlwind of activity around here. I'm so glad both kids are in the production so at least we were only going one direction!

Thursday night was the final dress rehearsal and I managed to sneak in a couple of photos before I went backstage to help with the kids and their costume changes.

Here are the kids from the opening scene (the pole is now a banner)....
Alex as "Jake" in the department store scene....
(he now has knee socks and a hat to keep his red hair a surprise)

Clara as "Sally" asking for her skates...
After the end of the department store scene Clara is done until curtain call.

So that night the kids played hangman on the white board...
Friday night was the first preview and I was backstage for that. The kids thought it went well and had fun. Saturday was a tough day... two previews with some rehearsals in between. Jeff and I were able to watch the matinee and it didn't go as smoothly as it could, but thankfully it was a preview. From what little I saw (and what I heard from others), the evening show went really well. I was backstage again, but I get to see bits and pieces as I take the kids in and out for their scenes.

Sunday was the big press opening. I was pretty worked up about it, but the kids were totally calm about the whole thing. It was so exciting for them backstage before the show... several of the cast members had gotten them little gifts or cards.

The mother of the little girl with the lead role insisted that Jeff and I go in and see the show since "your kids will only have one first opening night". That was so incredibly kind of her to volunteer to handle the kids backstage so we could go in.

The show went fabulously! Even after seeing it so many times in rehearsals, it amazed me like I was seeing it for the first time.

After the show, there was a little reception in the theatre's lobby.

Here are the kids with the artistic director and the girl who played the main role...
The kids from the cast...
Either I need a different point and shoot camera or I just have no clue how to work the one I have... I had other photos from last night but they were so incredibly bad that they are beyond fixing. I had one cute one of Alex with his stage dad... but alas, it was one of the unfixable ones. I will have to get another photo of the red heads soon.

Okay... I've got to keep going if we're going to make it through today... our weekend wore us out!

2 comments:

  1. Tracy,

    What show are the kids in? When is the last show? It might be fun to take the kids to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! So glad it went well!

    ReplyDelete