Monday, May 24, 2010

dance recital

Yesterday was Clara's spring dance recital.... she so looks forward this every year.

She loves hanging out in the dressing room with her friends...
.... and the thing I love is that these truly are her friends and as a bonus, the moms are my friends as well. This particular group is very close. The girls get along beautifully and work well together. This group of moms is made up of moms that always stay during class, so we sit and chat together each week. We've gotten to know each other well and all enjoy each others company. It is truly a special group to be a part of.

Anyway... enough mushiness... back to the photos...

The ballet piece Clara was in.... When the Sun Comes Up...



The character piece for her Saturday class.... the Mazurka....

And finally, her favorite... the Tarantella....



(need to re-edit this one.... it is the lone photo I edited last night and I clearly wasn't thinking straight)

Clara with her flowers that Alex picked out....
I have another post recital photo that I love.... Clara with a couple of her friends from class... but I'm saving that for my photo of the day post (when I get around to it).

After the recital, we went out to dinner with dance friends and their families. It was a really wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. She looks so beautiful, how proud you must have been during the performance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely lovely!!

    completely unrelated to your post: do you subscribe to Free things to do in Chicago (on Facebook)? I've thought about you & homeschooling a few times with their post. Today, however, was the deciding factor to see if you knew about it!

    Free Things to Do in Chicago Come out tonight (JUNE 1) with your kids (6-14) to one of the Chicagland LEGO stores (including Mich Ave store) after 5 pm and build a FREE mini-grill!

    Can't wait to see Alex's grill ;)

    Hope you are well, Tracie!

    ReplyDelete