Tuesday, February 22, 2011

granite peak day 1

Thanks so much for the push Kirsty! :-) This is what happens when I lose momentum... the whole blogging thing grinds to a halt! Last week was just a bad week for photo of the day photos... they're almost entirely taken on either my cell (most of them) or my point and shoot cameras. Makes it a little harder for me to get excited about posting them. Also, my computer was really slow and needed to be rebooted... so I just shut it off.... and left it that way! I know! I finally turned it back on today because I have emails to answer and there's only so much I can type on my phone. Anyway... so here we go!

Over the weekend, Jeff took the kids skiing again with some friends (I was home on dog duty). This time, since it was a long weekend, they went further into Wisconsin and skied at Granite Peak. They left straight from Clara's ballet class on Friday and drove all of the way... getting in around midnight.

The next morning the kids were up early and ready to ski....
Can you tell that their hotel had a theme? :-)
Jeff was amused by that sign.... so he felt the need to document it for me.

I'm not sure what exactly is going on here....
.... just a little goofing off before hitting the slopes, I guess.
Clara in her gear....
... see those big long swirly pink things.... those are supposed to be "flames"... one for each side of her helmet. Apparently Clara had other plans for them!

Clara and her friend chatting on the chair lift....
I don't think there's anyone we know in this photo...
Oh look! It's Jeff....
... the kids ditched him most of the time, so I have multiple versions of the self portrait. He also emailed me one he took with his cell phone.

After a few hours of skiing, the kids wanted to do something else for a bit. They started out at the hotel pool... but ended up at the waterpark at the hotel next door (same company/resort.... just different buildings).

The kids in the lazy river....
Clara and her friend....
My two...
My two + friend....
I think they spent 2-3 hours at the waterpark before grabbing dinner and then heading off to bed. They were a couple of tired kids that night!

(and I know I keep saying this.... but I'm so fortunate to have a husband who is willing to document this all for me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment