Thursday, May 19, 2011

recital photos... part II

Finally the last of the recital photos...

For some reason, I didn't get a single good shot of Clara's third dance piece. Not sure what happened there.

So, it's on to the Sicilian Tarantella..

....another favorite...

... as I mentioned before, I love the traditional folk dances.
Oh... and in case you recognize the costume...
... yes, she wore this same costume last recital.
In fact, this is the third time she's worn this costume...
... since they performed this same dance in a competition/showcase in the fall.

The boy after the recital...
... waiting to give his sister her flowers.

Clara and her friend...
Clara and her flowers...
Checking them out...

The girls and their flowers...
... before we all headed off to our traditional post-recital dinner together! I was done taking photos at that point so I just left my camera in the car. It was a great evening out with friends! This year we had our own private room at the restaurant which made things really nice.

And finally, the view of the city as we drove back toward home...
It was really a wonderful day! We had our doubts that it was all going to work out as Alex had two shows that day... the last one ending just one hour before Clara's recital (his show was downtown, her recital was in the 'burbs). This was going to be cutting it close but then we got the email reminding us that the cast members were supposed to stay to help breakdown the set. At first we thought about getting a sitter for Alex, but in the end, we opted to ask permission for Alex to leave right after his show. Clara rode out to rehearsals around noon with her friends. I rode with friends out to the recital a little later and then Jeff picked up Alex and drove out with him... arriving with about 5 minutes to spare before the curtain went up!! Thank goodness for good friends and good traffic!!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:11 AM

    On the first shot, did you change the lighting to gradually get brighter on the dancers or did it just occur that way? I LOVE the shot of Alex waiting w/flowers....talk about sweet.
    I don't know how you guys do it all! Okay- back to work I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, last comment was from me, forgot to put my name on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got lucky in the first two shots.... one spot over and I would have lost her in the shadows!

    Thankfully our chaos is gradually ending for the school year! We just have two performances of Sleeping Beauty to get through this weekend and then we're pretty much coasting :-)

    ReplyDelete