Thursday, April 12, 2012

cell phone photo dump...

I was collecting quite a few unshared photos on my phone again, so I thought I would do another post of them. (Plus, I'm filling in a gap as I edit a big bunch of photos from our Tuesday outing in MO last week)

Mango not only likes play lookout from the top of my head, but Clara's as well...
(actually, she's not picky, whoever is sitting in that chair is fair game)

While in MO, we made a trip to Build-a-Bear to make a bear for the kids' new cousin...They've made bears for their other two cousins as well. This time we're running a bit late with getting it done since I was avoiding taking them to the BAB at Navy Pier...
Introducing Flora....
I'm surprised, but those seem to be the only phone photos I took in MO.

So, now we're back in Chicago for Easter Sunrise Service...

Another pair of pants down...Alex took advantage of the empty streets at that hour of the morning to play "Elf" as he crossed Michigan Avenue. It was quite amusing until he tripped on the curb as he reached the other side.

Clara's menu at breakfast Easter morning...
... thought it was pretty appropriate for her! :-)

Dark photo...
... but it's Mango and what's left of her newest "baby".

BIG NEWS....
Clara made the Battle of the Books Team!!!! She was the only 4th grader chosen!! I was so shocked!! They compete in the online competition today after school and they'll find out next week if they've made it to the citywide competition or not! No matter what happens, I'm just thrilled that she was picked. There were over 20 kids (grades 4-6) who had been going to the meetings each week. The teacher could only pick 7 to actually compete. I guess my "struggling reader", truly isn't struggling, is she? :-)

The color cast on this photo is HORRIBLE...
... but do you notice anything different about Alex (besides the fact that he's orange)? Why yes, he is wearing a different shirt color! His homebase passed Boss Level this trimester and unlocked a new shirt color! This trimester they had to write, act out and produce digital puppet shows. Only three (out of nine) for each grade would pass boss level. They brought in outside judges who work in the film/digital media industry. Alex's homebase came in second in the 6th grade competition and unlocked blue shirts.

While in MO, I finally got Alex more jeans and yesterday I noticed this...
Yup... a growth spurt happened sometime between last Tuesday and yesterday. The pants are now too short. Anyone need four brand new pairs of boys size 14 jeans? Sigh.

Yesterday Alex got his braces, he looks a little nervous, doesn't he?
And here he is, after they were on...
He's super sore today and just a tad bit grumpy about it. Hopefully things settle down soon and he will be able to eat normal food again. They actually look good on him!

No comments:

Post a Comment