Monday, April 23, 2012

silver dollar city...

Back to our MO trip...

After our morning at College of the Ozarks, we headed over to Silver Dollar City to spend the rest of our day!
The kids love it there!

First stop was the Flooded Mine...
 It's a lot the same as it was when I was a kid, but a few years ago (probably longer than I think), they added guns and targets to shoot at...

I should have taken a photo of my score because I was the winner of this round!  :-)

Next up was Thunderation...
 The lines were just horrible!!  :-)

(no they didn't switch places mid ride... they got off and were able to immediately get back on and they switched then)

Clara likes the swings, so they headed over that direction...


 Like the seats they chose?  10 for the 10 year old and 12 for the almost 12 year old.
They stayed on for several turns in a row, but the turns started to get short because the wind kicked up and was tossing the empty swings about a little too much.

See...
 ... the crowds were just INSANE!!!  :-)

Not sure what they were so captivated by at this moment...
 I asked them to pose together and this is what I got...
 ... don't you love how that not only are they not looking at me but that they aren't even looking in the same direction?

Ahhh... there we go...
 Next up was Powder Keg...
 Blurry photo... but you've got to love their faces at "blast off"...

We got in several other rides too... Fire in the Hole and Wildfire for Alex and me.  We had a great time and stayed up until closing time.  It was a perfect outing!

I have some videos of the day that I'll have to edit and get posted sometime!

(blogger made some changes and I have to do some work to figure things out... that's why the photos are smaller - click on them if you want to see them big - it's probably time to update my template anyway since I think I've had this same set up for about three or so years now, based on the photo in my header!)

1 comment:

  1. Love the posed photos of the 2 of them together!

    ReplyDelete