Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Project Life 2015: Book One

It's here!!!  It printed and shipped super fast.  I think I've had it for about a week now.  I'm so pleased with how this book turned out.  First of all, I love the cover.  I was really afraid that it was going to be too much white space, but I like it.  I was also afraid that the whites would not match.  I did the cover using white according to photoshop and used the white spine and back cover from the Shutterfly options.  I know it sounds crazy, but there is always that chance that they won't match up (I haven't had that issue with Shutterfly, but have before when trying to do my blog banner).

 Everything printed nice and vibrant again... very pleased with the printing quality.

Even my various non-photo things printed really well.  I took this photo to highlight the image downloads (Die Hard from Google Images and the other two from the Facebook pages of the shows), and then realized the other images I had here as well.  A screenshot from the weather channel app and one from Find My Friends showing how many miles away Jeff was while he was in India.

Speaking of Jeff being in India, the section I did about his trip using Collect App photos turned out really nice...


My only real issue again, was printing too near the edge.  Nothing was cut off, just really, really close to it.  I had this issue last year with a different set of templates.  I reduced everything on the background to 98%.  This year I decided to try 97% with a different set of templates.  Just not quite enough.  Some seem closer than others which makes me wonder if I slipped back into my 98% habit part of the time.
I will leave this year's books alone with reducing to 97% and come up with a new plan for 2016.

I did some inserts again this year...

Alex killed my paper trimmer working on his science fair project, so attempted cutting this one by hand...
Never again.  I just can't cut a straight line... sigh.

Something I did differently this year was add a patterned paper to the back of the insert instead of photos on both sides...
Sometimes I have more photos than will fit on a two page spread, but not enough to do an insert front and back, so this seemed like a fun option.

Here's my other insert...
The trimming will have to wait until I get a new trimmer.

Here's the paper I picked out for the back of that one...

And finally just a shot and some snapchat screen shots....
I'm always surprised at how well they print!

I'm so excited to have one book done already this year.  I was reading some old posts on Facebook last night and found the one where I mentioned that I was considering trying project life.  It's funny to read through the conversation and see that my biggest concern at the time was that I wouldn't actually print my layouts!  I'm so glad that printing didn't really end up being an issue.  I love, love, love my stack of project life books.  It makes me crazy happy to see what all we have documented!

No comments:

Post a Comment