Tuesday, June 23, 2015

NYC Trip: Journal Day One

Warning - these posts will seem out of order and lacking in detail.  It's my plan to post each day individually and then follow up with an overview post which will include more details about the products I used and the process I used to put the pages together.

 First up, our flight...
I fully intended on there being photos of our trip to NYC... you know, eating breakfast at the airport, boarding the plane, skyline shots from the window.  Yeah, no.... none of that happened, we are so lucky that we (and our luggage) actually made it on the plane.

I also intended on filling out my journaling cards while on our trip.  But that only works if you don't lose your entire stack of cards the night before you leave.  Apparently I was overly efficient and had put them away with all of my travel journal supplies versus leaving them on the coffee table like I thought.

So, as soon as we were back, I started filling out cards.  This book is more about the journaling (something I'm still not good at, but working on) and the paper bits from our trip.  I tried to keep photos down to a minimum and let the writing and paper stuff tell more of the story.
I cut the map they gave us at the hotel into pieces based on the areas we covered.  You'll see them pop up through these posts.  I did find that my 3x4 guide from Simple Stories seems to be a little off from my 3x4 cards.  Like I said before, I'll provide more details later, but the cards I made up and printed myself using word art by Just Jaimee.


More "stuff".... I included my agent card from the Avengers exhibit, a ticket and a trimmed copy of the brochure...

For the Madame Tussauds brochure, I just punched holes in it and put it directly into the binder...

I know I said that I didn't include many photos in here, but I did this time.  The whole point of the wax museum was posing for photos, so I put a bunch on a collage template...

Another ticket...

And just journaling cards and photos...


For my playbill from the Broadway show we went to, I just slid it into a 6x8 page protector.

I am keeping this journal super simple and it is coming together super fast.  I hope to be done by the end of the day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment