Wednesday, July 27, 2011

the faux fourth...

For the past several summers, my parents host their annual Fourth of July celebration on the Saturday after the kids get out of camp. The past years, it was early, as the kids got out of camp on 6/25. This year their term started later and didn't get out until 7/16. That was a Saturday, so we pretty much went straight from camp to the party!! The kids (especially Alex) LOVE fireworks!

I didn't take a ton of photos... it was hot, I was taking video as well and I was busy visiting with cousins I hadn't seen in a while!

Here are a few of the kids with their sparklers...

Clara was very intent on writing something here...
Alex (Mr. Ketchup and Mustard...sigh) appears to be casting a spell....
:-)

And then he started trying to write stuff too...
The boy...
That's all I've got! There was a lot more going on... golf cart rides, lots of fireworks, glow in the dark sidewalk chalk, great food, homemade ice cream, etc. But I either didn't get photos/video or they didn't quite turn out right (apparently it's hard to document glow in the dark sidewalk chalk).

But here's the video...

1 comment:

  1. LOve the sparklers, we finally bought a pack ourselves this year for the girls.

    ReplyDelete