Wednesday, August 08, 2012

berry picking...

Brace yourself for entirely too many photos of the kids picking blackberries.  I seriously took a ton.  I'm not quite sure why, other than the fact that I wasn't picking any myself that day (Jeff and I had already picked a bucket full of them a couple days before I took the kids) and the fact that these blackberries were HUGE!!!

Alex starting out...

 Clara girl...

Clara showing me the first of many MONSTER blackberries...

Back to picking...

Another big one...

The really were big....

And the bushes were just loaded with them...


 Going for the hidden ones...

Contemplating his next pick...


Alex's bucket...

Clara's bucket...
I know I'm slightly obsessing... but have you ever seen blackberries that big before?

I think Clara and I packaged up something like 11 quarts of blackberries for the freezer.  We ate quite a few fresh (including quite a bit of sampling as we picked).  My mom made extremely yummy blackberry dumplings while she was here and we have the supplies to make freezer jam.  We'll see what we end up doing with them all.  We also have a quart of gooseberries that we picked that day and some raspberries as well.  The kids really enjoyed themselves and the guy that owned the u-pick was extremely nice and helpful... we'll definitely be going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment