Monday, April 29, 2013

backtracking...

Getting ready to work on project life, but I wanted to start on posting my spring break pics.  I can't believe that almost a month as passed already!  That's the one thing I'm not sure I like about PL... it really makes the weeks fly by!!  I'm just finishing up one week and then *boom* it's already time to start the next one!

We had such a great day yesterday!  Alex had his 13th birthday party at a gaming lounge here in the city.  It's funny... I think there may have been 13 kids there (plus one of Alex's teachers from school) to go with the "13" theme.  They had an absolute blast together... it was amazing for me to see such a big group of boys (and a girl) that really get each other...  they're all somewhat geeky gamers just like Alex and have such a great time when they're hanging out together.  Sigh... makes this mom happy!   Sadly... the few photos I took won't get added to a PL page until next week (when I do my week 18 layout) since I scrap Sunday to Saturday.

Anyway... back to spring break!  Our first full day in Missouri was Easter Sunday.

Here are the kids dressed up for church...
In front of the sign for the church I grew up going to...
After church, we went back to my parents' house and started getting things ready for the big family dinner.

One of the highlights of these gatherings for the kids is getting out the golf cart. 

 Clara was the brave soul riding on the back...
 Now, her cousin joined her back there...
Charlie...
For some reason the kids ended up rummaging through dad's garage and came out with the kites...


And then some leftover fireworks from the 4th...
 It was a really great day of catching up with family that we don't get to see very often!


No comments:

Post a Comment