Saturday, November 29, 2008

run alex run!

We just got back last night from our Thanksgiving trip to Missouri and I have a bunch of photos to go through.  But, I thought I would share one now...
I'm so proud of my boy!  He ran his first 5k on Thanksgiving Day!  He actually ran the whole thing!

Last year he walked it with me but this year he thought he would run at least part of the way.  Honestly, neither Jeff nor I thought he would last long running.  Running just isn't his thing (or at least it hadn't been his thing).  He has decided that he would like to try the kids' triathlon this summer so for the first time a couple of weeks ago, he ran with Jeff on the track at the gym.... he made it a mile.  

Thursday he made it the whole way.... slow and steady but running the entire time.  He finished 2618th out of 4503 over all and 29th out of the 107 in his division.  His time was 35:54.  

He's caught the running bug now and is even, as I type this, out running with Jeff to train for the next race.  

Okay... I'm off to start my day.... Clara has her second dance performance this afternoon and I've got to go mentally prepare myself to get her short hair into a bun later today!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment