Saturday, April 04, 2009

before and after

Okay... disclaimer before I even begin.... I used my flash for these and my flash and I don't see eye to eye. My flash frightens me so it lives in the dark recesses of my desk except when I bring it out in desperate circumstances such as last night. I need to get to know my flash better and work out our differences... but I haven't yet. :-)

Last night Clara was invited to a birthday party at Sweet and Sassy. She was sooooo excited, it was all I had heard about for days. Since they do "make-overs" during the party we had to take a "before" photo.

Here it is...
Oh... it was a slumber party themed party so that is why she is in her monkey pjs. :-)

Two and a half hours later.... here she is...

She was completely covered in glitter (in her hair, on her fingernails, etc.) and all smiles... from ear to ear. She was soooo wound up! They had had a great time getting their hair and nails done, eating and doing karaoke. Her mouth ran a mile a minute giving us all of the details.

She was also very excited to get a new sleep mask in her goody bag....
... she had lost her last one on one of our trips.

We tried to get her to take a shower before bed last night to get all of the gunk out... but she refused because she wanted her hairstyle to last. However, after about 15 minutes in bed (just long enough to coat everything with glitter I'm sure) she came upstairs and announced that her head itched and she couldn't sleep with all of the bobby pins. After a quick shower and blow dry, she was off to sleep in no time.

Okay.... I was about to start rambling but decided to spare you... I'm off to pick up the house a bit!

1 comment: