Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

We're back! We went to Missouri last week to visit friends and family (I'll have photos to post later). We just got home yesterday evening.

This year was our first year to be home at Easter since moving back to Chicago. We weren't sure which service to go to at our church... I think there were four to choose from. In the end we decided to just go for it and went to the 6:30am sunrise service on the beach. I am so glad that we made that choice. It was an absolutely beautiful day and such a nice service. There's something pretty awe inspiring about having "church" while watching the sun rise over Lake Michigan. A perfect start to our day.

I did bring my camera along and took a few shots of the kids in their Easter outfits...

No.. it was not that warm... about 38 degrees maybe... but I wanted a couple of shots without coats. Notice how warm and relaxed Alex looks... LOL!

Since we knew we were considering the outside service and we DO live in Chicago.... we went with practical footwear for Clara's Easter shoes...
She's totally in love with them.

After church, we headed out to have "brunch" (but given that we were there at 8am... it was technically just "breakfast") :-)

Here are the kids waiting for their food...
Playing with my camera became the entertainment while we waited.

I forgot what Jeff had told them when I got this shot...
Here they were giving each other bunny ears in honor of Easter...
(yikes.... Clara was sitting in a bright spot... oh well)

These next few fall into the category "fun with wide angle lenses"...


Mmmm..... cheese grits....
After that we headed home and I tried to get another shot or two of them.... but they weren't real cooperative....
Now the kids and Jeff are out for a run/bike ride along the lake. I was trying to distract myself with this blog post... but now I feel I must begin pacing (this is Jeff's first time to run with both of them on bikes).

Happy Easter!

FYI: They made it safely back from their run/bike ride.... 5 miles!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment