Friday, February 26, 2010

a little impromptu ice skating

Well, I've blogged before about how Clara has been bitten by the ice skating bug... with all of this talk about Clara, Alex thought he might like to give skating another try too (he had taken a learn to skate class when he was five). It just never worked out for me to take him... that is until last night. :-)

I had signed Alex up for a park district class for the spring and in order to finalize his registration I had to fill out a form at the park where he will be taking the class. This park just happens to have an outdoor ice skating rink... which just happened to only have about 10 people skating on it.... and Alex just happened to think that this might be a good opportunity to try skating again...
Immediately after stepping onto the ice he was flat on his back... BUT... he popped right back up again and went for it...
I'm so thankful that I've started carrying my point and shoot camera in my purse.... you just never know when something spontaneous will happen.
He fell a LOT... but he actually did quite well. He could get up some pretty good speed. I'm thinking that we might have to buy him skates for next winter since this rink is near Clara's ballet class and it will be something fun for him to do during that time. Unfortunately, this weekend will be the last for the outdoor rinks... we discovered it just a little too late.
(Alex's reaction to being told it was time to go!)

Oh well... there's always next year! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment