Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Chicago Theatre

Backtracking a bit.

Back in January, the kids in Clara's level at ballet were invited to take a special private tour of the Chicago Theatre before class. I went along as one of the parent chaperones. Do you think I would turn down an opportunity to take photos inside a really cool Chicago landmark? :-)

However, once again, I only brought one lens and it wasn't the best one for every situation. And I hadn't felt like dragging my flash along, so I did miss some shots because of that as well.

The chandelier in the lobby...
I've only been to the Chicago Theatre to see shows, so it's always been dark enough inside that I missed a lot of the details...
Clara and I were there last summer to see Steve Miller Band.... oh how I love Steve Miller Band :-) (Clara, sadly, did not feel the same way.)

Clara listening intently to our guide...
When the Chicago Theatre first opened, it was a silent movie theatre. This is the original organ...
... it even includes buttons for the sound effects used during the movies!

After looking at the main part of the theatre, we headed backstage...
To check out all of the signatures of the famous (and not so famous) people who have preformed there over the years...
Apparently, this is the signature that started it all...
... Frank Sinatra was the first to sign the wall backstage.

Oh... Olivia Newton John...
... I so wanted to be her in my early elementary years. :-)




See... totally wrong lens...... almost pointless to have taken that photo... but I did it anyway.

I had to take this one...
... when I first moved to Chicago, it was during the run of this particular production. The commercials were non-stop... Go, go, go, go...

Clara requested this photo...
Checking out more signatures in one of the dressing areas...
I followed along taking random photos...

And finally, they ended up on stage...
... where they decided to perform the dance from their jazz class (with no music) for the other tours who were in the theatre! LOL!

It was a really great tour and such a neat experience for the girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment