Thursday, November 05, 2015

Project Life 2015: Road Trip Days 4-6

 On day 4, we left Canada and made our way to Batavia, NY to see family.  Along the way, we stopped at Letchworth State Park. It is an amazingly beautiful park and the photos I took don't do it justice...



This was the night that Clara went downhill.  She had complained of a headache all day, but we didn't think much about it.  Then, when we got back to the hotel, I decided to feel her forehead.  She was burning up.  So my mom and I made a run to Target for meds and a thermometer.  She had a fever of 102.7!!

I only have the one photo from day 5, because that day was spent trying to find an urgent care.  I normally don't immediate rush my kids to the doctor when they run a fever, but since we were traveling, I wanted her looked at sooner rather than later.  We got to the first urgent care right when it opened at 9, but were told that we'd have to come back since the doctor didn't get in until noon (is it just me, or are they missing the point of being an urgent care facility?).  The next one that was recommended, opened at 11, so we went there next.  We were told it was just a virus and that it would run it's course in a day or two, so we got in the car and headed to PA.

We gave Clara the option of heading towards home or continuing on the trip.  She was adamant about powering on.  She was sure she would feel better quickly.  So, right or wrong, we kept going.  It was really deceiving, as when she was taking the medicine, she felt really good and seemed normal.  On day 6 we hit Hershey's Chocolate World, Kitchen Kettle Village and took a buggy ride through the Amish Country.

For supplies, I used Amber LaBau's Counting the Days cards, elements from Storyteller Dakota and some from Storyteller Kenner.

No comments:

Post a Comment