Tuesday, February 21, 2006

my grandmother...

... passed away last night. I'm going to miss her terribly but I'm so thankful that she didn't have to suffer long. We'll be heading to Missouri for the funeral on Thursday. I can't believe it but all of the cousins are going to be there! All 10 of us! I honestly have no idea how long it has been since we've all been in one place. Friday after the funeral we're all going back to my mom and dad's and since it's supposed to be a nice day, we're all going to put on our walking shoes and take a big long walk by the creek and across grandma and grandpa's farm. The thought of that just makes me happy! I can't wait! When I was a kid, that was the tradition at the family gatherings. After the meal all of us cousins would take off across the farm with the older ones in charge of us younger ones. Usually my father was with us as the official adult in the group, although I think he got into more trouble than any of the rest of us. Just such great memories and now I have the opportunity to share this with my kids. And of course, a chance to take pictures! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment