Tuesday, February 20, 2007

another day at the art institute

Yes... we spent another day at the Art Institute... nearly 4 hours this time. I seriously can't believe how much they enjoyed it. We did the Audio Tour this time and not only did the kids listen to all of the recordings on the "family tour" but they also listened to about 10 additional recordings from the adult tours. (don't think I realized quite how large this painting was before)

And the kids did some art of their own... they spent about 1 1/2 hours sketching their favorite pieces from the museum. I'll have to scan those in at some point.

Okay... off to bed!

'nite!

3 comments:

  1. Traci, I know that I don't personally know you, but honestly from not only reading your blogs & watching your eye for amazing pics.. I must tell you that you truly amaze me! To read about the kids learning & absorbing every bit of education from you, their mother, teaching them, is truly admirable. Those kids are most definitely blessed to have you for their mother =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of your kids in an art museum, laying on the floor, feet up, sketching! THAT is education! :o)
    I'd love to know the reaction you got from the other museum attendees and staff.
    I just love the freedom we have in home school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh i want to do this with my kids! When I was in chicago i went to this museum and it was just amazing. It was a spirtual experience for me (kinda weird sounding) I have wanted to take my kids there ever since! They are so blessed to have you as their mommy!

    ReplyDelete