Tuesday, April 17, 2007

a walk around the block

I haven't taken my camera out in over a week so I got the itch to take it with me today. The kids and I walked over to the local nail salon so I could get a pedicure and Clara could get her toes painted. Anyway.... here are the shots from today....

Oh... I should warn you... I got a little carried away on the post-processing on some of these... urban shots do that too me! :-)






I also scrapped... trying something new for me. I'm not sure I can pull this look off... but it was fun trying!

details here

I think the reason I'm playing with my camera and photoshop is because I'm avoiding all of the laundry I need to do before we leave for Disney World tomorrow (technically we're not there until Thursday but since our flight is so early, we're spending Wednesday night at the hotel attached to O'Hare airport. The kids STILL have NO CLUE! Can you believe it?? I seriously cannot wait to get there... we're going to have sooo much fun! I plan on taking TONS of pictures this trip. Last year when we surprised them with a trip to Disneyland... the boy and I both had the flu. Needless to say, I didn't have the energy to take more than a handful of pics... I think the only ones I really took was of them posing with characters. I'm having lens decision issues though. Realistically I KNOW I should just put my 28-135 IS on and just forget it... it's pretty wide, its got a bit of a zoom... just a good all purpose lens. However, I'm so spoiled by the color and sharpness of my primes. I'm trying to be realistic and accept that the 28-135 is my best choice.... but I may sneak a couple of primes into my camera bag.

Okay... I really MUST do laundry! If I decide to procrastinate further... I may be back to post more photos or other layouts I've completed while the laundry threatens to take over the house! :-)

ETA: (because I still haven't gotten up from my chair to go and do laundry) we watched the Everest IMAX movie last night and I must say it was incredible!!! If you decide to read Into Thin Air... you must rent this movie to watch after you're done. Although it is not about the tragedy on Everest, the IMAX team was on the mountain as it occurred and their reactions and actions in response to what was going on are documented in the film. I seriously was choking back tears as I heard Ed (from the IMAX team) talking to Rob Hall on the radio as he was stranded near the summit in the storm. The book was fantastic and watching the IMAX film was the perfect follow-up to the book. Okay... laundry... seriously... I'm going to go now.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:55 PM

    Will check that movie out sometime. I remember when that happened. Rob Hall was a kiwi of course (and from down South like me).

    ReplyDelete