Sunday, January 11, 2009

more pigtails and snow

Okay... for those of you (and you know who you are...lol) who thought Clara's pigtails looked cute in my previous post.... I will admit now that they did, especially compared to what they looked like the next day....
She decided that her violin teacher needed to see her pigtails.... so she set to work making new pigtails on Friday. Oh my. They were a mess!

And to prove what the back looked like, I took a pic...
She doesn't know that I took that photo.... she was spinning in circles at the time and I snapped it quickly when her back was turned. Can you believe that I let her go out in public to violin class like that? :-)

She wanted her hair in a bun for ballet later that day so thankfully the pigtails were short lived.

Saturday was our first day with our new winter schedule. Clara's dance classes are now 10-12 instead of 9-11 and Alex's swim is now 11:50 instead of 11:00.

It snowed all morning and was still snowing on our way home from dance... so all Clara could talk about was playing out in the snow later. Once we got home, she and Alex suited up and went outside (for OVER TWO hours!).

I would have frozen solid in that amount of time, but perhaps the hot cocoa...
and hot apple cider...
...helped keep them warm.

Clara decided to take the top mold from Alex's snow fort building kit and made herself a crown...
Crazy kid.

Alex wanted one too, so Clara helped him out...
I honestly don't get it when they do this with sand at the beach but I DEFINITELY do NOT understand the appeal of doing this with snow...

(our little neighbor was over to play in the snow too)

After their couple of hours in the snow, they came in to take nice hot baths. Then we had dinner and had family night.

Today was just church, lunch and then home. Alex had his new guitar class this afternoon... he was really looking forward to getting back to class.

Okay... that's the recap! I'm off to hang out with Alex!

No comments:

Post a Comment