Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday...

Last week was spring break week for us, so on Sunday we loaded up and drove to Missouri to see my parents.

We weren't sure what Mango would think of country life...
Right off the bat I think she loved it but that love was short lived. She immediately found, to her delight, turkey poop to roll around in (she LOVES stinky stuff). The rest of us are not so fond of stinky stuff (and man, was it stinky!) so, my dad filled up a bucket of water and in she went for a quick bath (which she hates). She did enjoy running around....
and even running around withOUT her leash...
... but in the end, her interest in this was short lived and she wanted to be back inside again. City living is much more her style :-)

So, back to Monday.... that day we spent most of the day shopping for camp. The kids are getting ready to go for a month again this summer and I find it easiest to shop in MO. We got all of their toiletries and most of their clothes squared away that day.

That evening, the kids wanted to fish at Grandpa's pond....
Clara waiting for bait...
The boy watching his line...

Mango and I wandered to the other side of the pond to attempt some sunset shots, but the sun went behind some clouds....
Waiting...
Clara and her pup....
Alex and his first fish...

Then I went back to the house to trade my camera for my flip....



(poor Clara... math is so not her thing :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment