Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday...

On Wednesday my mom and I took the kids to Silver Dollar City. Our original plan had us going on Thursday for Alex's birthday, but the forecast was looking a bit iffy, so we decided to go for it on Wednesday. It turned out to be a perfect day to go. It was a little cool in the morning, but it warmed up nicely.... plus there were nearly no kids at the park so Alex and Clara were able to ride whatever they wanted as many times as they wanted.

The kids headed straight for Thunderation (their "warm up" roller coaster), but it was closed that morning. We all ended up riding the nearby Flooded Mine ride instead. Mom and I just rode once, but the kids stayed on to go through again.

Next up was the swings....
They stayed on for a couple of rides, but then they got a bit chilly.

On the way out of the area where the swings were, we decided we needed a little snack. The kids wanted to try this spiral cut potato thing on a stick.

Alex couldn't wait to dig in...
But it was still a bit hot :-)
Next we did a bunch of wandering around and ride riding. I didn't get my camera out that much, so there is a large chunk of our day that I don't have photos of.

Later in the afternoon, Alex finally worked up the nerve to ride Wildfire (watch the video on the link to see why it took him a while to work up the nerve). One of the last times we were there, he thought he was ready but then flipped out when they started buckling us in and had to get off. This time he was ready. I rode it with him the first time. He LOVED it! He went right back around and rode again... alone this time.

I hung out with Clara in the gift shop and watched her try on hats....


Alex was back from his ride and wanted to get in on the fun....
I did shoot a little video that day. Here are the kids on the swings and PowderKeg (Clara's first time on this ride... I think)....

No comments:

Post a Comment