Monday, July 23, 2007

catching up - michigan

Whew... we have a couple days of breathing room between CHA and leaving for Missouri on Wednesday. I have a whole post's worth of stuff on CHA but I'll save that for tomorrow (or later today if I get bored... lol!). Right now I just wanted to catch up on some of our pics from our trip to Michigan last week. We stayed at the totally fabulous Crystal Mountain Resort in western Michigan. It was a perfect place to go with the kiddos!! Here are just a few of the things we did....

The kids climbed the ski hill (that's their 2 yo cousin in the middle)...
we played at the pool...

climbed a 110 foot high sand dune at Sleeping Bear Dunes...
And ran back down....
had some ice cream...
did some beading....
went geocaching...
climbed the rock wall...
made "build-a-buddies"...went to the top of the ski hill (mountain?)...
and rode the chairlift, over, and over, and over again (this is Jeff and his mom with them this time, trust me, I think I went up and down about six times over the course of an hour and a half, I earned the right to stay at the top and take pictures... LOL!)...

The kids went with my in-laws on to their house for a few more days and we just picked them up (at a half-way point) yesterday. We're just totally vegging out today which is nice.

Okay... it's quickly approaching 11 am and I haven't showered yet, so I'm off!

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog all the time!! mainly to see your pictures!! After reading your recent post about Crystal Mountain, I think we are going with our family!! We have been looking for a family place for vacation and this place looks awesome!!! Can you email me. I would love some tips about the place, what you liked and didn't like and if you did anything offsite. We would be flying in and possibly renting a car.. is it worth it to do that?

    Thanks!!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete