Thursday, July 05, 2007

Niki in the Garden and other stuff

Today the kids and I went with another homeschool family to go to see the Niki in the Garden exhibit at the Garfield Park Conservatory. It was AMAZING!!! It was so much fun! The kids had a great time because not only could you touch some of the sculptures but you could climb on them as well. Many had secret doorways for you to go through into the the center of the sculpture. It's a fun place to take pictures as well (maybe a place for us to consider for next month, Julie!).


Grand Elephant Vase...Large Firebird on an Arch (english translation)...
Grande Step Totem....
Alex making faces in the side of the Nikigator...
La Cabeza (the skull)...
a close-up...
me... inside the skull...
Les Trois Graces...
Star Fountain....
The kids had such a great time that they've already asked when we can go back.

I haven't taken the time before... but I want to thank you all (Marla, Meg, and Anne) for the kind words about Clara. It really means alot to me! Tomorrow is the big day for the blood tests. Thankfully Jeff is taking her first thing in the morning. Clara is especially hard to draw blood from and I tend to freak out around needles... I do okay if things go well, but if they have as hard of a time as they usually do drawing blood, I'm not the best one to be there and keep her calm. She knows she's going tomorrow and is a little worked up about the whole thing. I'll just be glad when it's over and we can move on.

Julie... I'm so ready for you guys to visit next month!!! Just let me know anything you have in mind that you would like to see or do and I'll get the stuff together!

I have scrapped a couple of pages lately....
details here
details here

Ugh... July is always chaos for us... it's our travel month... so my postings will be very sporadic. Next week the kids and I head to Wisconsin with a friend and her daughter. The day after we get back we head to Michigan with Jeff's family. The weekend we're back is CHA here in Chicago. And finally, we go to Missouri to see my family the last week of July. Whew!!! Chaos I tell you!

Okay... I think I'm heading to the couch to read some on the third Harry Potter book. I decided a couple of weeks ago to work my way through them all in preparation for the release of the final book. The first one took some time to get into again but now I'm on a roll and can't put them down!

'nite!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:41 PM

    Those Niki in the garden pics are amazing, and I love your layouts too. Good luck with the medical appointment (my DH refuses to go to them now, he says it hurts him too much to see his children and needles!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...such fabulous pictures, Tracie!! Makes me wanna come visit!! :)

    Wishing Clara easy needle pokes...bloodwork is no fun at all!! Sean went through a bunch before he had his tonsillectomy and we found out he has a blood clotting disorder...it sucked watching them do bloodwork again and again...but they get through it and get over it pretty quickly! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete