Wednesday, July 18, 2007

update on Clara and a PSA

Okay, first of all, Clara is doing fine (thank you for your concern). She was violently ill all Thursday night and most of Friday. We were finally able to get on the road to Michigan at about 3:00 pm. She still wasn't feeling very well, but she was semi-mobile. She was able to keep down some dinner and by the next morning she was doing remarkably better. And this was her on Sunday after climbing the dune at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park...Now, here's where the PSA comes in.... please be aware of what your children are eating and what is in it. We have no "proof" that this was the culprit but it's our best guess.... the one odd thing that Clara ate on Thursday was a handful of Fat Free Pringles in the car on the way home from Wisconsin... I didn't have any and neither did Alex. When I remembered this I did a google search on them while we were at dinner Friday night. These Pringles are made with Olestra/Olean which according to the websites I found, have terrible side effects in some people. Clara's symptoms fit the possible side effects to a "T". Clara has a tendency to throw up... but she usually tells us that her "tummy doesn't feel good" but Thursday night she cried all night in pain and kept telling us that her "tummy hurt". Clara never cries when she throws up (she has a tendency to get motion sickness), but that night she wouldn't stop crying. She was doubled over in pain. At one point I was thinking that she was having an appendicitis attack but she never ran a fever. Severe stomach cramps is listed as one of the side effects... this was what she had. She had some of the other issues as well... but the stomach cramps were by far the worst of it. Maybe she's just overly sensitive to Olean/Olestra but I'm not going to take that chance... it was just too intense to ever put her through it again just to see.

Okay... PSA over.

I have tons of pics to edit and I hope to get to them soon. However, CHA is this weekend and this time I get to go!! Woo hoo! I can't wait to meet a bunch of the digi girls in person! I will be taking a camera, but just the little point and shoot.... I'm not messing with my big camera this time.

Okay... I'm going to run... I have a big day tomorrow... a pedicure, lunch with friends, a cut and color AND then I get to hang out downtown with Deann from DiSc Talk Radio (and maybe some other digi gals). Fun stuff!

'nite!

ETA - THANK YOU KRISTEN!!!! I'll have to check it out closer once my chaotic weekend is over. :-)

2 comments:

  1. ooh! So glad that Clara is feeling better - even if it was one of the longest nights of your life :(

    On a MUCH happier note - make sure you and the kiddos check this out. It was SO much fun when we were in the city!!
    http://starevents.com/summ_fest.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, poor girl! I sure hope she's feeling better! How scary for you guys, though!!

    Hugs Miss Clara!!..

    ReplyDelete