Thursday, September 18, 2008

it's always a surprise...

you just never know what you'll find when you go to turn off Clara's lamp at night. She almost always works on some project in her room for a while before going to sleep. Most nights you walk in to find all of her dolls or stuffed animals tucked into makeshift beds around the room. Last night I found a collection of Alex's cars. I knew they were arranged in some sort of pattern but I wasn't sure what it was supposed to be. Then, I stepped to the other side and looked again...

It's her name spelled out in matchbox cars! I had my iPhone with me so I took a quick photo rather than going back upstairs to get out my big camera. It just cracks me up. Clara's brain works in mysterious ways. :-)

I haven't posted much lately because we haven't done much that was newsworthy lately. Tuesday was Alex's musical rehearsal. Last night was dance and martial arts... although dance will be changing days....sigh. It's making me a bit nutty that we're three weeks into the school year and our class/activity schedule is STILL changing. We should be settling into a routine by now.

Oh.. my only other news is that Creating Keepsakes contacted me on Tuesday and they picked one of my layouts from their gallery to be published in an upcoming issue on the magazine! I was/am very excited!

Well... I'm going to go check on the boy.... he's still not up. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but last night after bath he ran into his door frame (not quite sure how that happened) and gave himself a big ol' goose egg on the side of his head. I had him stay up with me a while (we watched ghost hunters) to see how he felt and he was doing fine. I'm betting he was just worn out from his day yesterday.

Okay.. off to start my day!

Have a good day!

ETA:
Alex is fine... he was just tired. The boy scared me half to death though... I was leaning really close to him to see if he was still breathing (ahhh, the joys of being a paranoid mother) when he popped straight up in bed and then started laughing when he saw how surprised I was... the stinker. Okay... off to walk the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment