Saturday, September 13, 2008

one rainy saturday...

I am most definitely a "stay in" person on rainy days.... but today went out anyway :-)

My friend invited me and Clara to join her and other families who had adopted daughters from China for dim sum in Chinatown arranged by their Chinese teacher. (I'm not sure if that sentence makes complete sense... but my brain is beginning to shut down for the day... lol).

Clara and I jumped in a cab to my friend's house to wait for their Chinese teacher to come pick us up for our outing.

We ended up getting there around 1pm and the first order of business was lunch. Their teacher and her husband ordered us up a fabulous array of dim sum. Everything I tried was so delicious! I just wish I could remember what all we had! Clara loved it too.... she tried so many new things. Here's a shot of the table after the feeding frenzy was beginning to wind down...
Here's where we ate...
We missed the lion dance (it was the moon festival today) but we still got to check out the costume...
My Chinese zodiac sign...
Very damp Clara...
and my friend's daughter showing off her new umbrella...
While we were there, the boys were here...
... also in the rain.

But Alex was hanging out with Grandpa...
and dad...
(and Uncle Gary), so as you can tell by the look on his face... it was all good!

Now we're all home and in dry clothes!

I'm off to hang out with everyone....

'nite!

1 comment:

  1. Love the "Jeff Radtke Photography" tag with smiley.

    Can we go to Chinatown with you sometime? That looks like so much fun!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete