Friday, September 05, 2008

rainy day

(like their stylin' outfits? LOL)

It rained ALL day yesterday. Which, quite frankly, I loved... until we had to go out in it to get to gymnastics.

After school, it was time to head out. I thought I was being smart by deciding just to cab it there and back. It worked well there... not so well back. I got the cab driver's number and the company number from the guy who took us to gymnastics. So, when Alex was almost done, I called. The driver was stuck in traffic with a fare and couldn't be there for at least 20 minutes. I couldn't even get through to the cab company (well... I could get through, I was just put on hold forever). The waiting area at gymnastics was chaos and Alex was mad (his class had been out of control... you knew it was going to be bad when the instructor kept having to leave his class to round up various boys who had wandered off). He just wanted out of there and suggested that we just take off walking to hail a cab. Well... given that I couldn't actually call a cab, I agreed. It took us nearly 20 minutes (in the pouring rain) to find a cab. Thinking that this was going to go well.... I didn't bring an umbrella, we just wore jackets - unfortunately only Alex has a true rain jacket (he had to have it for camp). So, needless to say, Clara and I were SOAKED!! My jeans were soaking wet and my shirt was getting soaked through my jacket.... and I should probably mention that it makes me absolutely crazy to be wearing wet clothes. Seriously, it makes me nuts.

We finally got in a cab and headed home. All I could think about on the way home was warm comfy sweats. But, I remembered that I had to walk the dog since Jeff was out of town. So, instead of changing into my warm, comfy sweats, I walked around in the rain some more with the dog (which of course came back in to scent our house with that lovely "wet dog" smell... sigh). Finally, I was home, inside and dry. It was that kind of day that inspired me to make chili for dinner... yum! It was a good chili day.

Well.... after talking about the dog, it reminded me that it's time to do it again! Thankfully, it's not currently raining!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate. I have a major phobia of getting wet in my clothes. My kids think I'm crazy, but getting wet makes me crazy! I totally agree with the wet dog thing too. Loved the rain yesterday, but completely didn't enjoy the wet dog smell all day.

    ReplyDelete