Sunday, September 28, 2008

catchin' up

I hate it when I miss a couple of days of blogging. I'm good when I do it on a fairly regular basis... but if I miss a day or two I get totally derailed.

Anyway... Thursday I pinched a nerve in my neck and spent the evening on the couch with a heating pad around my neck.

Friday, my neck was much better... just stiff and a general ache... but not like it was on Thursday. We went about our usual Friday activities.... violin and dance. I really, really like Clara's violin teacher. She's really enjoying her lessons so far. On the way home from violin we stopped at the library's used book sale and bought a big bag of books. I love books. I didn't even get a chance to look for me. We got a nice stack of kid books... both for school and just for fun. We stopped by the house to drop off the heavy stuff before heading to dance. Clara's friend from gymnastics just joined that class so she was so excited to see her. I really like her mom too so it was nice to have someone to chat with while we waited.

After getting off the bus by our house, we turned the corner to find our neighbors out playing with water guns on the sidewalk. So, of course, Alex and Clara dropped their backpacks on the spot and joined in.

Our favorite bulldog, Clyde, was there too... which made the day even better.

Here's Clyde getting a drink from Clara's squirt gun...
and then I took a few more pictures of Clyde (I have a bunch more, just didn't edit them)...
Here he is in mid - jowl flapping head shake...
Our poor neighbor came out to water his flowers with his hose and was ambushed by the kids!! He was a good sport about it and sprayed them good before relinquishing control and letting them play with the hose...
We are starting to get some fall weather here so the kids started to get chilly so we went in to get into dry clothes. Oh... if you're wondering where Alex was in all of this... he was smart enough not to get as wet as Clara and ended up on the porch building Legos with his friend.

Saturday was a big morning of dance for Clara and swim for Alex. Then a big afternoon of playing in the alley with the neighbors. Clara made a new friend... a girl who lives on the next block.

Oh... I totally forgot... we also walked down to the costume store to look at costumes. Clara and I had an idea for her birthday invitation picture so we went looking for props. We found just what we needed. Clara was excited so we took her photos as soon as we got home... and just let me tell you... I'm in love with them! I think is my favorite invite yet. I just have to confirm the party time with the party place tomorrow and then I'll order them. Once they're mailed out I'll post the photos here... they're just too cute!

Last night we watched the movie Apollo 13 with the kids. Alex had become interested in it after watching the series When We Left Earth on the Discovery Channel. He was soooo into it! Clara was too until she fell asleep about halfway through it. She was worn out.

Today was church and Alex's musical rehearsal. While he was in rehearsals, we went to the Disney Store and got costumes. Clara has been wanting to be Tinkerbell for years so that's what we got her. We took a chance and bought Alex a Captain Hook costume (it was 40% off)... HOWEVER.... he will not be going as Captain Hook. With some minor modifications, he will be Captain Long John Silver (and, no... this has nothing to do with the fast food place). One of the books Alex bought at the library sale was Treasure Island. He started it that same night and didn't stop reading until he was done. He loved that book! So... we're on the lookout for a few finishing touches to make the transformation complete. I think it's so cool that he's dressing up as a character that he knows only from a book. :-)

Alex also had guitar today and was so excited that they learned the song Go Cubs Go!

Okay... just realized that my family is waiting for me to watch some show we have recorded... gotta run!

'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment