Thursday, October 16, 2008

i wish i had photos...

.... but I don't.

This week has been a blur and it's only getting worse (but in a good way... lol!).

Monday was great. We went on our playdate... the girls did crafts and the boys built with Legos. We left there and went straight to Clara's dance (and on to Alex's martial arts). We got all of Clara's info regarding their performance next month... very exciting. Clara ended up going home with a friend from dance to play while I waited for Alex to be done at martial arts.

Tuesday we went for a walk to the local bakery to order Clara's birthday cake for Saturday. It's not what I had in mind, but it's cute enough. That night was Alex's rehearsal for the musical he's in. It was the tech rehearsal. Clara and I ended up staying for a bit because I had been volunteered to sew the Red Sea (I can't really sew... but they said that anything woud do, thank goodness). Alex gave me a heart attack that night... he was coming down from the pulpit (Mt. Sinai) during a scene where the lights were down... a spotlight was supposed to be on him but being that it was their first night to rehearse with spotlights, it wasn't on him. He stepped out of the pulpit in the dark and instead of walking down the stairs, he fell out of the window type opening to the side and landed with a HUGE thud on the stage. I didn't see it happen as it was completely dark, I just heard it and then saw him laying there on the stage. He was stunned and embarassed... but thankfully, not hurt. I honestly think it took me longer to recover from the whole thing than it did him.

Yesterday was a rainy day... but we had to go out in it to get Clara's new violin bow. I was feeling rather spontaneous yesterday so as we were on the bus, I got out my phone and looked up the movie listings for the theater that was along that bus's route. I found out as we were just one stop away that Beverly Hills Chihuahua was starting in 10 minutes. I jumped up and told the kids "we have to get off now". Alex was sure that I had lost my mind and kept telling me that this was NOT our stop. We got off and they saw the theater across the street and were so surprised. We had a nice afternoon, in out of the rain, watching the movie with about 10 other people. The theater is only about a block from the bus we take home and when we came out of the theater... one pulled up that we walked right onto. I was really dreading going out but it turned out to be a really nice day for us.

Today has just been school in the morning and a quick trip to Party City at lunch. Now we're just waiting for my mom and dad to arrive!

Tonight is Alex's final rehearsal.... so I may take my camera tonight so I can just sit back and enjoy the show tomorrow night. Yikes! I can't believe the show is tomorrow!!!

Okay... I'm off... I may have photos later.

No comments:

Post a Comment