Monday, October 06, 2008

why i no longer have portraits printed

Because he smiles like this for the camera...
or he smiles nicely but doesn't look at the camera....
or he does this and I have no idea why...
She looks completely bored by the whole process...
or laughs like a crazy woman...
sigh.

Today we spent the afternoon outdoors working on our tree study for school. It was a really nice day to be outside.

You know how I've been complaining about our fall schedule and how it's making me nuts that it keeps changing... well... we decided to make some changes. :-)

We talked the kids out of taking another session of gymnastics (thank goodness). Not that there was anything wrong with where we were... it was just hard to get to and I wasn't looking forward to trekking there in winter with snow and it getting dark so early. Talking them out of it was so much easier than I thought it would be. We let them choose to take a class closer to home instead. Thankfully they both decided on swim and I was able to get them in at the same time on the same day. Alex will now be swimming two days a week. He just got moved up a level at swim and has his sites set on making the swim team by next year. I wasn't sure about swim teams in the city, but I've had two teams recommended to me in the last month in addition to the one I already knew about. They're both relatively convenient for us. We'll see how Alex does in his classes this year and we'll look into them more seriously for next year.

Alex's musical is a week from Friday and it's a little scary! He's doing really well though. He does need more rehearsal time though... so it looks like we'll be heading to our church's family camp next weekend where they'll be running extra rehearsals for the show. I'll be honest that I'm not real keen on going.... but I'm sure we'll have a good time once we're there.

Hmmm... I'm out of stuff. :-)

Tomorrow we're supposed to go out with friends during the day... so hopefully I'll have more pics to post tomorrow night!

'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment